A top American Investment Bank is looking to hire a VP of Operational Risk to sit within its Transaction Banking division. This position can sit in either Dallas or New York and will play a key role as the bank builds out a new platform to support this line of business. This person will be responsible for oversight of operational risk frameworks to support the new platform and LOB, challenging the first line to ensure adherence to policies and procedures, conducting RCSAs, and working closely/presenting findings to senior management.
The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of experience in Risk Management covering Corporate Banking, Transaction Banking, or Payments/Fraud, excellent communication skills, and the ability to liaise across business units and with senior management.
- Provide 2nd line oversight of Operational Risk frameworks for the Transaction Banking division
- Work closely with the first line to identify, assess, challenge, and mitigate Operational Risks
- Conduct RCSAs, scenario analysis, and review/evaluate new business initiatives
- Act as a liaison between ORM and senior stakeholders to develop and strengthen frameworks
- Present findings to senior management and key stakeholders
- 6+ years in Operational or Enterprise Risk covering Transaction Banking, Corporate Banking, or Payments/Fraud
- Strong executive-level presence and the ability to collaborate and present to senior management/key stakeholders
- Proficiency in Excel & PowerPoint - Tableau & SQL are a plus
- Quick learner who can thrive as part of a global team