Currently working with a venture capital and structured credit fund that has a presence in SF and New York that is looking to make a VP or SVP level hire to their Asset Management team. The fund is emerging in their space but still has a startup feel as they have about 30 employees focused on direct investments and asset management.
The asset management division is accountable for everything post investment/deal including portfolio management, loan monitoring, credit facility relationship management, counterparty credit risk, and performance and risk reporting. The fund is poised for growth so they are looking to hire someone from a consulting or investment operations background who will be able to help consolidate, build, scale, and run this function as the fund grows. This role will require a strong project management and process implementation skill set in the early stages and will give you the opportunity to build a team over time
- Designing, standardizing, and mapping processes for borrower reporting packages.
- Collaborating with the deal team to monitor the pipeline for expected loan settlements.
- Coordinating closely with third-party service providers to supervise outsourced operational functions.
- Integrating and actively participating in all firm-wide deals.
- Providing day-to-day support to investment specialists and other business teams.
- Maintaining a robust control framework to oversee outsourced services.
- Engaging in internal and external audits as needed.
- Assisting in the execution of transactions by tracking upcoming deal closings and managing the funding process.
- Coordinating with various stakeholders, including Risk, Compliance, Technology, Control Management, Operations, and vendors.
- 7-10+ years of experience in asset management, private equity, lending, ownership, servicing, investment banking, or brokering
- In-depth knowledge of private credit products
- Experience in loan closing and servicing
* Backgrounds from a consulting firm is preferred i.e McKinsey, BCG, Baine, Accenture etc.*