We have a current opportunity for a Biofuels Trader - Sourcing with a growing company who is a global market leader in sustainable biofuels. The position will be based in Singapore. For further information about this position please apply below.
The position is a technical specialist committed to finding the right quality of fuel. The role is accountable to help build an Asian feedstocks business, with a focus on waste-based feedstocks to supply the Company's growing portfolio of sustainable marine biofuels. The role will develop and execute plans for strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management for Biofuel, including participation in supplier management process from initial selection to the effective integration, and coordination of sourcing requirements and expectations.
Key Responsibilities include
- Assisting the company in sourcing, selecting, and testing useable and sustainable biofuels.
- Provides technical support to new and existing clients and bunker fuel logistics partners, advising clients and bunker fuel logistics partners and their engineering teams with regards to technical adjustments needed for the use and adoption of biofuel in their ships.
- Partnering with the General manager, the sourcing and procurement manager develops strategies delineating the keys to the biofuel industry's specific activities relating to supplier management, negotiations, contract management, and supplier performance management.
- Monitor developments in the biofuel market and constantly search for alternatives supplies to achieve savings in bio-fuel procurement.
- Other fundamental and vital functional roles include overseeing supplier development in terms of certification, setting up and maintaining contacts with potential and existing suppliers regarding the quality of their products, negotiating contracts and pricing agreements that deliver value and focus on goal attainment.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Solid knowledge of biofuel industry and working experience in fuel supply to the marine industry
- Disciplined, Independent and Agile in working in greenfield environment
- Excellent negotiation skills and contract management
- Able to work alone or as part of a team in a dynamic, constantly changing and agile environment
- Strong PC software skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- English speaking required. Fluency in multiple languages preferred.
The Ideal Candidate should have
- At least 5 years' experience in sourcing and procurement of biofuel feedstock
- Knowledge of biofuels and biofuels regulation would be highly beneficial
- Innovative - Proven ability to search and identify new commercial opportunities from market managing these from concept to realization
- Experience with/knowledge of purchasing, distribution, cost reduction, engineering EH&S, product transfer management.
- Familiar with fuel testing processes including certification requirements
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.