We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Compliance Manager to oversee, manage, and enhance our company's compliance management program. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating compliance processes, collaborating with executives and the Legal department, and driving positive change. As a Compliance Manager, you will provide leadership, direction, and integration of compliance activities to ensure adherence to state and federal regulations. This position involves interfacing with senior leaders and government agency officials in the representation and development of strategic compliance programs, policies, services, and initiatives.
- Provide assistance, leadership, and guidance on strategic compliance monitoring systems and initiatives for Mortgage Operations, Sales, Servicing, and Legal teams.
- Participate and lead the company's strategic compliance planning process, including plan development, review, approval, implementation, and evaluation.
- Foster and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, stakeholders, and fellow executives, cultivating a collaborative and positive work environment.
- Inspire adherence to guidelines by highlighting collective benefits, emphasizing the importance of each team member's role in achieving shared objectives.
- Provide expert guidance, collaboration, and support for the implementation process of key compliance strategies, initiatives, and action plans.
- Draft policies and procedures to address federal and state regulatory requirements, outlining the company's compliance with applicable laws and policies.
- Plan, develop, monitor, revise, and implement compliance initiatives in response to changes in the law; consult with various internal and external representatives as necessary for program effectiveness.
- Participate in the development of compliance educational and training programs for corporate and production field team members.
- Oversee mortgage compliance reviews in collaboration with all departments within the company.
- Monitor third-party vendor systems to ensure continuous compliance with requirements.
- Support consumer and regulatory complaints functions, coordinating responses with relevant parties and identifying root causes of issues for remediation.
- Interact with company senior management, associates, and government agency officials to represent and promote the development of strategic compliance programs.
- Develop an ongoing campaign to heighten awareness of various compliance programs, disseminate compliance information, and collect employee feedback as appropriate.
- Lead internal reviews to assess the company's compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Direct the assessment of targeted compliance issues, investigations, or potential problems.
- Bachelor's degree with commensurate work experience in Compliance leadership.
- Twelve (12)+ years of recent experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, demonstrating increasing responsibility with significant oversight and strong people leadership experience within a compliance department of a financial institution or mortgage company.
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire teams, fostering a positive work culture and driving high levels of engagement to achieve organizational goals.
- Hands-on working knowledge of mortgage and licensing regulations, including but not limited to: Dodd/Frank, RESPA, TILA, Regulations X and Z, FCRA, Fair Lending, and other federal and state regulatory requirements.