Selby Jennings is working on behalf of an AIFM with focus on Real Estate and Private Equity located in the city center, our client is seeking an experienced Legal & Compliance professional.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced professional in investment funds (SIF and RAIF) and AIFM with a sound knowledge of its structure and management to advise the business accordingly on all aspects from launch to the management of investment funds in Luxembourg and offer legal support for Fund Managers as well. Our client is seeking an individual that will be able to work autonomously and communicate directly with the key stakeholders of the business.
The successful candidate will be registered to the CSSF as the person in charge of the compliance function.
Responsibilities and duties will be as follow:
- Drafting and/or reviewing of the Management Company's compliance policy
- Assisting in the Management Company in establishing, implementing, maintaining and reviewing its compliance policy and the respective procedures designed to detect any risk of failure by the Management Company to comply with its obligations under the Applicable Law.
- Monitor and, on a regular basis, at least annually, assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures, policies and procedures put in place according to the first paragraph of this section as well as the actions taken to remedy any deficiencies in the Management Company's compliance with its obligations.
- Advice to and training of relevant persons
- Advise and assist the staff of the Management Company on matters of compliance
- Assists and advises the senior management of the Management Company on issues concerning compliance and rules, notably by informing the latter about developments regarding regulations which might subsequently have an impact on the compliance function.
- Raise the awareness of staff of the Management Company as to the importance of compliance and related aspects. To this end, the Compliance Officer develops and implements a training program.
- Monitor the Initial and Ongoing Due Diligence on our delegates
- Issue reports on the Due Diligence performed
- Perform and coordinate the KYC and AML checks
- Be part on the onboarding process of the new clients
- Implement the recommendation of the Internal Audit and Risk Management Report
- To be on constant legal watch to make sure the company is in compliance with the law
- Be part of the reporting process for the :
- Quarterly list of AIFs managed
- Annual Report of the Compliance Officer
- AML/CFT Questionnaire
- EMIR Questionnaire
- Identification and assessment of the compliance risks
- Centralisation of information on compliance issues
- Communication with authorities
We are looking for a dynamic professional that will be able to work autonomously, liaise with the Regulator, key stakeholders of the business and with counterparts within the group in Europe.
This is a unique opportunity for a mid to senior level seasoned Legal & Compliance professional with AIFM exposure looking to step in to a regulated function at a reputable player.