The role sits in the front office and reports to the Head of the Securities Finance in the US. This individual will work directly with trading desk heads (Cash PB/Delta One, Synthetic PB, Repo) and the derivatives clearing business to manage funding and liquidity requirements in real time.
This individual will be trading in order to create the required liquidity for these desks, so a thorough understanding of products and financing structures, regulations (bank and B/D), and collateral requirements is necessary. The bank needs someone with strong relationships across the street to jump in and hit the ground running.
This is the first US hire on this team, and there are roughly 10 on the global team. There will be opportunity to build out a team over time, and immediately there are 4-6 indirect reports in support functions to assist this SVP (finance, liquidity, global pricing, etc).
- Raise funding and liquidity for the global Securities Finance business
- Leverage relationships with agency lenders, corporate treasurers
- Act as go to person in the US for Markets to ensure the accuracy of the funding and liquidity requirements
- Monitor and modify LCR, NSFR, and other liquidity ratios
- Calculate liquidity treatments for specific desks, strategies, and products
- 7+ years of experience in a front office role
- Previous experience in Equity Finance/PB, Securities Financing, or Derivatives Clearing
- Established client/trading relationships across the street
- Understanding of banking and broker-dealer regulations